Thanks to all of you that attended yesterday’s training at the Red Barn. We had some great speakers and a very diverse set of topics. Some memorable moments…
- Returning docents, Frank Binney, Beth Cataldo, Sterling Hada, and Barbara Lutes shared some awesome tips about creating and telling stories that connect with visitors. There were also several great theatrical moments, complete with docents (Jeffry and Dean) standing in as elephant seals (see photo below).
- John Eleby, a supervisory Law Enforcement Ranger, despite being on crutches after a pretty serious injury, delivered an entertaining and informative presentation on rules and regulations.
- Laurie Monserrat and Jan Garrett provided some awesome information and insight regarding the ADA, service animals and interacting with visitors that have disabilities. I can’t tell you how many presentations I have been through related to dogs in the park, this was hands-down the best!!
- Dan Crocker, a professor at Sonoma State, was the afternoon headlining act and his two-hour presentation did not disappoint.
Thanks a ton to all of the attendees, speakers and those that help with setup, bagels and cleanup!! Please remember:
- Sign up for any additional shifts that you would like on the Doodle Poll
- Send you bios, headshots and docent photos to Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org